Tuesday, November 6, 2018

"BE ..."

My daughter's friend
was recently diagnosed with breast cancer.
That's a tough one to have to go through
and I can't even imagine.

Of course, Audrey's emotions are all over the board.
"Up" days and "down" days
and many "in-between" days.

To help her focus on positivity throughout this journey,
I created this "BE …" book for her,
wanting her to focus on the words on each page.
Something to flip through when she's feeling down.

I especially love the large rose-colored carnation
and the two white daffodils.
All three flowers, and the leaves,
are made from some material I've never seen before.
They're hard and I suppose would break easily.
Kind of like porcelain.
And not to let the multi-colored organza flower
take a backseat either.
The fabric was given to me by my friend, Julie,
and I rolled it into this rose.

Here's hoping she can be FEARLESS
as she goes through the process.
The soft tones should be an inspiration.
A bad as she might feel,
I'm hoping she remembers that
"It's A Good Day."

… and COURAGEOUS
This little one in her tutu is sure to
put a smile on Audrey's face.
Go ahead and dance, girl!
Oh - and what's not to love about those back rolls?

Perhaps a trip to the beach
probably isn't in her cards right now,
but maybe just looking at this image
might CALM her.
How could you not feel the serenity?
The light and airy three handmade organza flowers
just add to the calmness of the scene
since they echo the colors of the sea.

I'm hoping UNAFRAID is how she is.
On those days where she is a little afraid,
maybe a vase of white tulips
and an ice cream treat might help.
With a cherry on top, of course!

I chose metal frogs for this page
because they are strong.
Strong enough to hold up the most stubborn flowers.
My wish is that Audrey is as STRONG
or maybe even stronger.
Another fabric rolled rose
and peony-looking organza flower
to grace this page.

FIERCE.
"No matter
how you feel,
get up,
dress up,
show up
and never give up."

I know she can do this.
Not feeling pretty?
Put a string of pearls around your neck
and show us what you got.

POSITIVE.
I'm sure this is something she will need to work on.
The sun comes up every day
and brings light to the world.
And so will she!
(Photo credit goes to Kathy Sibbald.)

Another piece of cardstock
die cut, inked, sprayed and crinkled
to turn it into a happy, layered flower,
much like what might be found on the
floor of these woods.

DETERMINED.
I know she's determined to kick this
and come out even stronger.
Again, following the same process,
these two flowers made from cardstock
that surround the View Master slide
are my favorite elements of this page.

PATIENT.
This word and sentiment in the image says it all.
Audrey said this is her favorite page
because she "has none."
Patience, that is.
But I'm sure she's doing the best she can.

At the end of the tunnel,
she will be VICTORIOUS.
Yes, she will.

"Never Stop Believing
in Hope Because
Miracles Happen
Everyday."

Wait for it.
You will be victorious.

The back cover?
beYOUtiful.









6 comments:

  1. Be-U-tiful!! Love it‼️👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY Sue, it is a wonderfully stunning creation, for your daughters friend. It will lift up her spirit and give her a little love everyday - so very kind of you, and I love all the tag pages . I hope for her, she will get out on the other side, well again ! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are SO talented!! Beautiful!!! 🌸

    ReplyDelete
  5. What can I say but WOW! What a wonderful little book. It is so very lovely and perfect in each and every way.
    Many hugs,
    Karen B. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's SO totally adorable Sue! We would love for your to share with us at MAMC! :) <3
    http://minialbummakers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete