Tuesday, September 25, 2018

This was the best day

My daughter and son-in-law
are celebrating their anniversary today.

I cannot believe it's already been 26 years!
Yes - 26 years ago,
we were in Anchorage, Alaska,
gettin' it done!

The three of us stayed at a B&B
and I remember her being soooooooo
protective of her wedding dress.

"Be careful."
"Don't step on it."

And it went on and on and on and on.

Well, they married,
had a brief little celebration at a parishioner's home
and then out to dinner.

I dropped them off at the hotel,
kept the car and went back to our B&B.

In the morning when I picked them up
and they came out,
she had her wedding dress
all rolled up in a ball and under her arm
as if she was carrying a football.

It really was THE BEST DAY.

Happy anniversary, you two!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary to your daughter and son-in-law.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great story! Happy anniversary to your daughter and son-in-law. I've been MIA for most of the past month but hope to get back to creating and visiting blogs again.

    ReplyDelete