Friday, December 21, 2018

Running

No, not "running" as in one foot in front of the other!
I'm talking about running out of time.
Or running around like a chicken without a head.
THAT kind of running.
And I suck at both.

And to add insult to injury,
I am sick.
Think it's strep throat since I've never had
a sore throat like this.
Waiting for the office to open
and hopefully I can get in to see the doc.
(Cross fingers, please!)

This "throat stuff" is coming in on the heels
of surgery.
It's just been three weeks and two days
since that happened.
That put me way behind - I think I "lost" about two weeks.

No time for such nonsense.
No time whatsoever.

This is the first year - in a hundred years, maybe -
that no Christmas cards will be leaving our home
to our family and friends.

I really feel badly about that
mainly because it's something that I love to do.
But sometimes,
there's just no way to avoid it
and I refuse to stress myself out.

A couple of days ago,
I really put the peddle to the metal
and got the snowflakes finished.

You may remember I previously made 68.
Then I created 27 for The Runner
to give to the children he transports to/fro school.

Also created a few that I wanted to give
to some special people.

While digging around, I found some left over
from last year.
Only a few - but I'm not complaining.
I blew the cobwebs off
and called it a win!

That allowed me to wrap them up and
give to the girls in the leasing office,
leaving a few for me to give away
as my annual Random Act of Kindness.
Passed out one yesterday to a sweet little girl
and now I have two left.
Am hoping I will find someone at the doctor's office
or at the pharmacy.
It better be in one of those two places
because I'm thinking I wont be going anywhere else
until this crud is gone!



I also wrapped up one of those large Hersey candy bars
for a sweet lady friend of mine.
I love the silver - it reminds me so much of her
and her beautiful silver hair.

I'm off.
Time to shower so that I'm ready to walk out the door
in case the doc can take me early.

Kosec OUT.


1 comment:

  1. These are beautiful. I'm sorry you are still not up to par and got yuck on top of it!!! Get some rest and have a great Christmas!����

    ReplyDelete