Saturday, June 15, 2019

MY GRANDSON

Today he celebrates!
I'm not sure how, but I'm guessing
there will be CAKE involved!

One of my favorite "Andy stories"
involves panCAKES.
When he was almost four,
we went to the park to cook breakfast.

I was standing at the picnic table and had just
poured the batter into the electric fry pan.
Andy crawled up onto the seat
to see what I was doing.
Afraid that he would get burned,
I asked him to get down so he didn't get hurt.
He looked up at me and his eyes filled with tears.

His comment?

"Gramma, I just want to watch them grow into pancakes."

Yes, I caved in and let him watch.

Happy birthday, big guy!
Sending heart-shaped balloons from Texas.

See you in less than a year!!!

1 comment:

  1. Such a sweet story, from back when this guy was a little soft boy , I can imagine you almost started having tears in your eyes, yourself Sue. A wonderful card, full of love !!
    xo

    ReplyDelete