Saturday, March 16, 2019

EVERYTHING DOESN'T ALWAYS GO AS PLANNED


Oh boy - and can I attest to that!
My very good friend had a birthday in February.
The intention was there.
I even had on my spreadsheet to send a card.
Except I had her listed in March instead of February.

I did remember to call her that day.
And I apologized profusely for forgetting to send a card.
She was way too forgiving!!!

Somehow, days slipped by before I made a card.
Finished it, addressed the envelope,
added a stamp, wrote my apologies and sentiments
inside the card and mailed it off.

A couple of days later,
lo and behold, but the card came back
for insufficient postage.
GOOD GRIEF.
She wasn't meant to get a card this year, I was convinced.

Took me a day or so to re-envelope and stamp it
and get it to her.
It was about a month late!

And then it took me a few more weeks before
I got this blog post out.

Saw this unknown girl
and it just took me right back to "our era"
and knew she could relate to the hairstyle and glasses.
And she did!

Happy belated birthday, Carol!

No comments:

Post a Comment