Friday, December 26, 2014

A 50K

Not a runner?  Not familiar with what a 50K is?  I am not a runner but I do know that a 50K is 31.1 miles.  Not just 31.1 miles, but 31.1 miles of off-road running.  That means on dirt trails.  With rocks, tree roots, poison ivy, animals and all different weather conditions.

I created this for my friend, Kristi, to give to her cousin, Jordon.  I have a feeling he was completely taken off-guard but I'm sure he'll cherish this mini album for years to come.  Rockledge Rumble was his first 50K and he did very well!

Here he is - all ready to begin!

This picture makes me laugh every time I see it.  I'd love to know what this runner has wrapped around his ankle!

And they're off!!!!  Yes, even The Runner was in this madness.  See him?  He's wearing print shorts and a blue shirt and blue cap on the right side of the picture.

Jordon's got a lot of energy ... and a few more miles to go.

My thought is you have to LOVE running in order to participate in this sport!

After days and weeks and months of training, it all comes down to RACE DAY.

It's always a good thing when the son cheers you on!

Yes, Jordon did go the distance!

Yes, I suppose it does teach you that.

What??????????  I can't hear you.  "Cheer a little louder" is what Jordon's telling his wife and daughter.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh the official after-race beer.  Yes, he's got "spirit!"

Always, always hydrate after the race.

Rick was is reliable partner every step of the way.  They crossed the finish line together.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh - such a nice feeling and so glad it's behind you.  Now to train for the next one.

Open here for the results ...

Congratulations, Jordon, on a very good race and excellent finishing time.

Yep - here are three dedicated runners: Jordon, Kristi and Rick.

Kristi and her sister support their cousin in this post-race party celebration.


Will we see you out there next year?

No comments:

Post a Comment