Thursday, December 14, 2017

It was a Random Act of Kindness Day

The sweetest woman helped me order something yesterday.
Yep - she got a bird.

This one was given to a sweet
and oh-so-appreciative elderly lady.
Kinda makes me wonder if
this will be the only gift she'll receive this Christmas.

Saw an elderly man in the parking lot.
He didn't have a smile and looked to be struggling.
Both physically and mentally.
I offered the Christmas ornament.
He took it.
And smiled!
Mission accomplished.

This one went home
with a sweet young lady.

I watched a daddy walking into the store with his daughter.
She appeared to be about three years old.
I approached them and asked the little girl
if she would like a Christmas bird.
Her reply?
"No.  I'm hurrying up to go to the bathroom
before I wet my pants."
I gave the ornament to the dad and told him to hurry!

A little boy was fussing in the check-out line.
Mamma tried to console him - to no avail.
I offered this one to him and guess what?
He stopped fussing.
Mamma was happy!

These last two bird ornaments
were given to two sisters
all crammed into one cart with all the groceries.
Unfortunately, they weren't very receptive
because they were all involved
in their electronic devices.
But that's okay, too.


I will never know.
Are these RAK deeds truly appreciated?
Will the ornaments be hung on trees
or displayed in homes?
Or will they be put into the trash cans?

It truly doesn't matter to me.
It puts a smile in my heart
every time I give one away.
Maybe next year I'll create even more.
It makes me feel THAT GOOD.

Merry Christmas.





3 comments:

  1. Oh, how I love this post, Sue!! Thank you for sharing these wonderful stories! And thank you for brightening the days of these people! And ya know, even if those two electronically-focused girls didn't seem appreciative at the time, maybe they will be later, or maybe you spoke to the heart of the one(s) they were with!--Linda P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear Sue, and you are GOOD !! Suc h kindness from you, to some unknown persons on your way. You have a lovely heart , and the birds are ever so wonderful, with the flower wings. Did you create them yourself, ? they are so beautiful, all on the cute birds-
    Dorthe, xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you give out these sweet acts of kindness. I'm sure they are very special to the recipients.

    ReplyDelete