Friday, December 8, 2017

Christmas Countdown

Can I just tell you how much fun I'm having?
Jaylen is a six-year old, first grader
that lives across the hall from us.

She and I became friends in early October.
We've decorated the breezeway
for Halloween, Thanksgiving
and most recently,
we decked the halls for Christmas.

When we decorated a few weeks ago,
I hung two stockings on the railing.

I decided to do a Christmas countdown for her.
Beginning December first and every day since then,
I've put a little gift in her stocking.
Nothing big.
Nothing expensive.
Just fun little things.

Day one: two bite-size Payday candy bars
Day two: some images for her to make her own cards
and two keys
Day three: four Sharpies
Day four: a fabric rolled rose pin
Day five: a Post-It note pad
and sheets of Christmas scrapbooking paper
Day six: a snowflake ornament
Day seven: a bird ornament
and tomorrow will be a reindeer ornament.

Best part?
She leaves me little thank you notes!!!

2 comments:

  1. So wonderful, to have kids near, to celebrate and count down, I`m sure she is having so much fun with you, Sue, and am so exited to visit each day :-)

    ReplyDelete