Friday, April 10, 2015

Whoa ... I have so much to tell you so let's get started!

Yikkes ... it feels like it's been ages since I've been here
other than to post a card here and there.
 
I've been busy, busy, busy.
First of all, I'm so happy to announce
that our e-mail account has been restored.
Not sure if you all know this or not but ...
I somehow deleted the entire e-mail account.
 
Poof.  Gone.
And with it, all of my folders.
The account is back but the folders and contents are not.
I can't even tell you how much stuff is gone.
 
In keeping with my 15 for 2015
here is a thank you card sent to a blog friend.
Sandi lives in Michigan
but one day I swore I saw her walk through the door
at Joann's here in Texas.
Girl, you have a look alike!
This image reminded me of her decorating style so much.
Go ahead and check it out - I think you'll like what you see.
The reason for a thank you card?
She sent me some sweet felt hand warmers
(photo from her blog.)
 
You know when you say to somebody "let's get together?"
The intentions are there and you really do want to get together.
But you know - life gets in the way.
When I met Donna for the first time in February at the retreat,
she told me that her son lives not far from me.
(Donna lives in Stephenville, which is about a 90 minute drive from here.)
I immediately told her to call me when she next visits him.

Well, what a pleasant surprise when she called me!!!
She's in town and did I want to go to lunch?
Well, yeaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh.
What a nice day I had yesterday.
Thank you, Donna for calling me.
Now, are you sure you don't want to move here?

Thursday evenings have me at the fire stations.
I just love love love being a part of each new class
that's going through the academy.
It doesn't matter how many times I sit through each session.
I. keep. learning.
Thank you, Euless Fire Department
for allowing and encouraging alumni to sit in on the classes.
Tomorrow I'll be at the local wrecker company
watching the new students demolish a car.
THAT was my favorite class.
 
My daughter's friend recently married
and this card went to the happy couple.
 
A friend asked me to make a card for her friend that's battling breast cancer.
She wanted something pink and cheery.
The outside of the card isn't pink, but those pink flowers should cheer her up.
 
One more card for that same friend.
I think it would be perfect to send as a thank you note
to somebody that invited her to dinner!

My sweet friend, Marie, lost her father a couple of weeks ago.
This card went to her.
 
Yesterday, my 'little' Pen Pal turned sweet 16.
(She's been taller than me for about the past six years!)
I suppose now she wants to trade the bicycle in for a car.
 
This card was created for a friend
and she will send it to her aunt that's battling cancer.
 
See?
I haven't been loafing.  I'm cranking out cards left and right.
I've done wedding anniversary cards.
And baby shower cards.
And thank you cards.
And birthday cards.
And high school graduation cards.
And Mother's Day cards.
 
The Mother's Day cards have really been keeping me busy.
I still have many to share, but won't be able to until May 10.
One of the recipients won't be visiting this blog,
so it's safe to post this one now.
 
The image on this card is perfect.
It's going to be given to Lucy Scott!

I can't forget the tags.
The birds will be tied around the tissue paper
that'll be wrapped around the Beachcomber Nests.
The square tags will be tied directly onto the nests.
If you haven't done so already,
you might want to pop on over to Vicki's blog
and take a peek at all the beautiful nests
and vacation pictures.



Oh - and I've been checking with the freight company every few days.
Everything is still on schedule
and is expected to arrive in Mombasa on April 29.
Of course, more time for ground delivery has to be factored in
before they are delivered.

I keep in touch with Josephine on a regular basis
and she tells me the children are giddy with excitement.

You know those smiling faces will greet you right here
as soon as the boxes arrive.

That about wraps it up for now.
Thanks so much for your patience
and for following along with all of my creative endeavors.

8 comments:

  1. You have definitely been a busy girl! Love the first card ... The colors and the photo especially!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy, what a schedule you keep. The cards are sooo lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...you have been a busy bee! Absolutely love all your cards...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your cards ... each one made with so much thought, care and talent. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've been busy! Very pretty cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You must feel so gratified to bring such joy in an envelope to so many people! I'm glad you got to have lunch with your new friend too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blog is so newsy and entertaining! Such beautiful and unique cards,too. I'm in love with the birds and the nests;and by the look of your cards, you've made many people very happy. (Plus you're one busy lady!)

    ReplyDelete