Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Some Wickedly Wonderful Cards

Let's just get right after it!
The saying goes "save the best for last"
but I'm putting this one first because it's my favorite.

I had duplicates of this cabinet card.
Believe it or not, but these two women
are distant relatives of mine!

My cousin gifted me with lots of photos
a few years ago and I couldn't not use this one
as a Halloween card.

The majority of my cards take me
about two-three hours to create.
This one, start to finish,
took me three hours and 50 minutes.
Let's round it up and call it four hours.
All of the flowers and twigs and leaves and branches
were die cut and inked and stained and spritzed
to hug the broom.

Do you love this card?
Or does it frighten you?

This card is pretty simple.
Not many "ingredients" but I think it packs a punch
in the frightful department.

Purple is the new black as far as witches go.
"Her immortal
beauty casts
a bewitching
spell of
foreboding."

Scary and creepy man and doggy skeletons.

A sweet card
for a sweet six-month old little girl. 

What two-year old little boy
doesn't like all things creepy and crawly.
And Disney? 

It's what all five-year old little girls love.
Pinks, purples, hearts
and a selection of brooms and witches capes and hats!

House Haunted!!!
Did you notice that I switched up the words?
Looks to me like this house truly is haunted! 

This dude was fun to work with.
His face just was too kind looking for
a Halloween card.
So I let him peek through the skeleton mask,
making sure his beard hung below it.
Actually, this isn't really even a card.
It's a tag, leaving room on the back
for some frightful words and a signature.

And, of course, the birds! 

I'm hoping all of Carolyn's goblins enjoyed their cards.

That's it for this year, folks!
Now go dive into that stash of candy
and enjoy your Halloween.

Trick or Treat!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Halloween Sue, and I agree with you, the first card is gorgeous, beautiful in every way .But oh my there are so many , and they all say Halloween, and some even scares me , lol- but all wonderfully made. Dorthe xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you've been busy! They are all wonderful but I think I like the first best. Hope you had a spectacular Halloween!

    ReplyDelete