Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Come Fly With Me

My cousin retired and celebrated
his 65th birthday on Monday!

Here is the mini album I created for him.
Thanks, Frank Sinatra,
this title was quite fitting.

Many moons ago, in 1992,
Mike was working toward his 737 Type Rating
so that he could fly commercial
after his retirement from the Air Force.

It just so happened that I was in Tucson
at that time and he took me up in this
itty-bitty little plane.
(Of course, this was before I became deathly afraid to fly!)

Here is Mike on the step ladder fueling.
What you can't see is me also standing
on a step ladder.
(I'm under the red arrow - and you can see one leg.)
Since this album is all about him
and not all about me, I covered me up.

You can see his hand at the controls
and in the driver's seat.
The pull-out tag is one of his quotes.

Touch and Go.
WOW - what an experience that was! 


Here is his business card
as well as a copy of his badge.
I'm sure every minute up in the sky
was A Day to Remember! 

If you read closely,
he certainly has something to be proud of.
He was named Pilot of the Quarter in 2009.
What an accomplishment! 

Congratulations, Mike!

In this picture, he is pointing at his name.
And he most definitely is a well-traveled guy. 

I'm not sure of the exact date,
but it has to be 20+ years ago.
Looks like his granddaughter got to fly
on the Buddy Pass. 

Aren't these planes great
all lined up?
Love this picture. 

And a copy of his Medical Certificate.
The plane was a pin
with the pin part trimmed off. 

I'm sure Mike has many, many moments
he will remember for a lifetime.

Like I said, his retirement date
and his birthday fell on the same day.
Happy birthday! 

I'm not sure why his wife asked for two extra pages
in the album, but here they are.
I am hoping he will use them
to add some comments of his own.

One thing for sure,
Southwest Airlines has some beautiful planes.
And he was mighty lucky to fly them.

Happy retirement.
Happy birthday, Mike.

Come Fly With Me

1 comment:

  1. This is amazing Sue, so many pages filled with memories, for him, and with so many wonderful details you added, I`m sure he was totally blown away, dear.
    Dorthe, xo

    ReplyDelete