Saturday, February 13, 2016

I have a heavy heart ...

Today would have been my mother's 91st birthday.
I miss her more than I ever thought was possible.
She was my world.
 
She taught me everything I have ever needed to know.
But she never taught me how to live without her.
 
That thing called grief?
It never ends.

I'll be going along doing just fine.
And then BAM!

Sometimes I'll be all by myself.
Sometimes I'll be with a group of people.
Sometimes I won't even be thinking of her.
And then all of a sudden, it hits me.
BAM!

It hits me just how much I miss her.
My eyes fill with tears and I'll have to stop to catch my breath.

There is no love like a mother's love.
She loved me before I was born.
And she loved me the day I stood at her bedside as she took her last breath.
That love is powerful and lasts forever.

I miss you, Mom.

6 comments:

  1. A big hug to you Sue. It must be terrible to lose your Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Sue, My heart understands. My mother would have been 90 last month and all that you wrote is so typical for me and how I too miss my mother. The pain can come in waves as we learn to live in this world without that precious person that will always be our mother.
    Sending you a big hug as you hold on to your precious memories. Just know, you are not alone. Blessings xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my dear Sue,
    I know how you feel. I miss my Mom too. It is very hard when you miss someone so badly. I am sending you heartwarming hugs, from my heart to yours.
    Karen B. ~ Todolwen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you and sending you a hug,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. so sorry for your loss. My father died on the 6th of Feb and i get sad every year when I see the Valentine's candy displays at the store. Hope time will heal some of the pain for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think we all know that feeling... It's hardest at holiday and special occasions...
    Love you..
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete