Wednesday, May 15, 2019

WOODLAND SPRING NEST


She's baaaaaaaaaaaack!

I'm speaking about Vicki Boster.
If you are not familiar with her,
she is my friend from Kentucky
and she knits nests.
(Say that three times fast!)
Beautiful nests, I might add.

She was on hiatus for a couple of years
but she's back and in full swing!

This is her Woodland Spring Nest.
Click on the link below to read
all about her creations.



Isn't it absolutely beautiful?

Vicki knits the Woodland Spring Nests every year.
This year, she only knitted 15!
It's the only nest that she brings back every year
but she changes them up every time.
In case you might be interested in ordering one,
the waiting list is now available.
Please order directly through her.

I can't even remember how many of her nests
that I've helped get them to the place
where they need to be before delivery.

Every nest gets one of my birds.
These are tied onto each and every package.
This particular bird is in the brown tones
with teal and green on the flower.





These little square tags are tied directly onto every nest.
The nests are stamped in brown
and the eggs are colored with colored pencils.
The leaves also get a little coloring.


All of the nests are wrapped in tissue paper.
Tissue paper that I have stamped with a different nest stamp.
Because of the fragility of the tissue papers,
the eggs need to be colored with crayons.

And here they are:
nest, bird, tags and tissue paper. 

Now that I have your attention ...
Vicki creates designer series nests
that are never repeated.
When they're gone, they're gone!

Speaking of designer series,
the Freebird Nests, with a patriotic flair,
will be debuting in June.
These are going to be absolutely gorgeous.
I've already made my contribution
and had so much fun.
Something I've not done before!

1 comment:

  1. Sue, how wonderful that you submit to Vicki`s nests , I own two of them, one from the very first year she started this adventure, and then a second one I think from the year after - One sitting here in front of me - yes they are gorgeous, and I love mine - So lovely and beautiful are your birds and tags and tissue , how fun for you to take part in dear Vicki`s nest adventure . xx

    ReplyDelete