Tuesday, December 18, 2018

I've been busting to share these

It's been a few weeks since they left The Playground
and I've been itching to share
even before they went to the post office.

It's now safe to share
as they've all been received.

My "hanging card" …
oh, how I love to create them.
Even more than cards.
And y'all know just how much I love making those.

Let's get to it.

How about I start off with my favorite?
I'm not sure why, but I just love this one.
Perhaps it's the non-traditional Christmas red and green.
Or perhaps it's the rusty metal snowflake?
Or perhaps the reindeer peeking out
from behind the flowers?
Perhaps the five layers of mat behind the image?

This is another good one.
It went to a couple that has a dog
so I'm sure they appreciate it.
And how about that cattail?
Haven't seen one of these in years.
The flower?
It's actually pieces of wood
and works perfectly in this woodsy card.

And the stocking was hung …
Yes, indeed.
Christmas morn will find it bulging
with all things wonderful.
Wish I could get our mantle this festive looking.

Oh yeah - just look at this dog!
A sweater and a hat, looking all festive!
Except it doesn't look all excited.
And a big thank-you shoutout to my sister.
She made the black and white flower years ago
and I've been saving it for just the right project.

Sure glad I don't live where it snows like this.
I wouldn't go out until that vehicle was free of snow.
But the recipient of this, unfortunately, does not.
The Chicago area definitely gets snow.
I'm quite sure he'll be unearthing his car
a time or two this Winter.

The recipient of this card is a young lady
with - you guessed it - red hair.
Perfect! 

As beautiful as this snow scene is,
I just can't.
Maybe if I had on a pair of cross-country skis
I might enjoy the snow more.
But I must admit - it certainly is
a Winter Wonderland.

Some may say I am a pack rat
for saving every bit and bob that crosses my path.
The sizes aren't that large
but work just great on these tags.
They measure approximately 9x5
so I didn't need much.

Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful are they all , Sue,- -I too love the first one ,in the lovely tones, and the gorgeous flowers, the deer and .....- and the next one, with the nature element, the flower is just wonderful, and so I can go on, as usual ,when seeing your wonderful creations !!
    Dorthe xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted from my iPad but guess it didn't go. These are gorgeous. Can't decide which I like best. Have a very merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No wonder you enjoy making these so much they are stunningly beautiful. Thanks for sharing this magic with us all. Love to you for Christmas my friend , Hugs June x

    ReplyDelete